Slideshow

Monday, January 5, 2009

HAPPY 2009!


Well- I am so happy 2009 is finally here! My kids are not as happy, because that means that vacation is over and it is BACK TO SCHOOL TIME! But it was a hard year for me, so I am glad to move on. As some of you know, my younger brother passed away this Sept. from cancer at the age of 46. So we are all still recovering. Work was sometimes my only consolation. Teaching singing and making happy little dolls. But there were days when this was even tough....I will always remember my little brother Georgie, and all the good times we had as little kids....
Speaking of being a little kid, I did something fun over vacation! I went ICE SKATING for the first time in 30 years! I used to go every Friday night to the Redwood Empire Ice Arena built by Charles Schultz (Snoopy and the Peanuts comic strip author) as a young teen and had fond memories. I don't know what I was thinking, but I tried it again during the vacation. My kids said I was GLOWING! they hadn't seen me that happy in years. I didn't fall either...Only problem was I killed my ankles. I forgot I had an ankle injury in my late teens and remembered as I pulled the skates off. My ankles had bruises on them! Oh well, it was worth it!!!! I will never forget the day. In fact, I came home and started making a SKATING DOLL....just for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also started making some Easter bunnies and Valentine's dolls. Got a little behind though now cause I had to work on my California State Taxes due at end of Jan. But I will get back to work soon. Anyway- take care and check back in soon! PS. The bunnies are on E-Bay right now!!

1 comment:

jk said...

Hi Sylvia-
Can't wait to see the skating doll! Next time remember to tape those ankles! :)

Take care